Sunday, June 5, 2016

"Boom!"

I woke out of a dream from a nap gone wrong.  Filled with thoughts of a lifetime ago.  Wracked with regret and sadness.  On the table next to me my phone emitted a quiet beep letting me know that someone was reaching out.  My eyes still full of tears I opened the message to find a note from you.  You had been thinking about a time when you and I were an us and were compelled to, at the same time I was dreaming of that very moment, to let me know you had been thinking about it too.  I held my phone, looking down at the keyboard that had automatically opened waiting for me to type my response.  But to respond is to admit to something I can never say out loud.  So I deleted the message.  Your face from the screen. If only I could also delete the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment